Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Feet wet

I'm not really sure why I feel the need to have a blog just now. I mean obviously what the world needs most is another navel-gazing running blog by some guy who's not even regionally competitive in the soon-to-be masters ranks. But anyway. I want some place to put a lot of the crazy shite I come up with and write down on message boards only to lose it forever. You know, for the great American novel or whatever. I doubt this will turn into a daily training blog since the 5 or 6 people who are interested in my training know where to find my training log already, and even if they didn't RunningAhead displays my latest workouts automagically in the right-hand margin. I'm not sure what it will be just yet but, hey. I need somthing to kick it off with and today's crappy workout seems as good a place as any to start. Yes, there are other posts that appear to be older than this one but those are imported so they don't count. So here we go...

Distance: 11.6 miles
Duration: 1:25:52

In a cold, hard rain.

3 mi warm up with 3 x strides,
4 x 1000m / jog 200 (3:39, 3:39, 3:40, 3:43--yuck stopped here and switched to 600s),
2 x 600 / jog 200 (2:08, 2:10),
2 x 400 / jog 200 (83, 80),
4 mi jog home with stiff, cold legs and cramping feet.

Yes, those splits are right. And the plan was 6 x 1000 in 3:35. As in, yikes.

It's tempting as hell to call this a fail but if I'm being honest I have to give myself at least a "C" on the workout. For starters it was probably a bad idea to do this in a cold, hard rain. And even without that it's probably still too soon after Boston to be doing a workout with hard targets anyway--should have just done 6 x 3 minutes on the road during a 90-minute road run or something. And then there's the fact that even with out all that bad workouts just happen sometimes. Suck it up and deal. And shortly thereafter of course the rain stopped and the sun came out.

Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment