Friday, January 7, 2011

It's 2011. Holy shit.

So I guess I should write one of those 2010 wrap up threads (since I have no idea what else to do with this blog anymore.)

I ran a total of 14 races in 2010:
7 x 5k
1 x 5 mi
3 x 10k
1 x 13.1 mi (1st OA)
1 x 25k
1 x 26.2 mi

My best races of the year were: 17:08 for 5k, 1:19:12 for 13.1 mi (and my only win) and 2:49:56 for 26.2 mi.

I ran 3,040 miles. I don't know the exact number but I'm sure a higher percentage of it was with other people than in any year out of at least the last 6. That makes 3 years in a row over 3,000 miles, the only 3 years of my life at that level.

I ran no PR's and 2 PW's but I came close enough to PR's at 5k and marathon to say that I'm on the right track.

All in all it was my best year of racing since 2004.

This year I plan to race more and race faster. I guess that means I should get crackin' with something resembling training.

I got in 55 miles or so last week and have a couple weeks now with no days off going. I've been meeting Mark, Dan, Marc and Chris for "Thirsty Thursday" workouts and a Mark and Dan for some Sunday long runs and that is helping get back into a regular cadence. Just need to get a couple decent months of mileage under my belt so I can start to focus on some serious 5k workouts for spring.

Unless my daughter's gymnastics meet gets in the way I might make a go at the Great Stew Chase 15k in February...that's probably my next race. Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment