Friday, February 25, 2011

This is when you know

I was talking to Mark, Dan and Chris (the RTC crew) last night as we were getting ready to go for a run about how on Tuesday I put up a random goose egg. I had been feeling run down for a couple of days so when the alarm went off at 5:30 I turned it off and went back to bed thinking I'd try to squeeze in a few miles at lunch or that night. Then of course I had a crazy day with work and by the time I got home and got the little ones to bed bed it was 8:30pm and, well, you know.

So there I was with a zero on a day that was supposed to be a big mileage day trying to do the math to get to 60 miles for the week because I was just starting to feel like a runner again.

There's a time and a place for arbitrary mileage goals and right now is the time and this is the place. So I'll get it done.

Today I had a pretty busy day at work, ran 7.5 miles and never left the house. Miracles of modern science. It's supposed to be a nice weekend and I might try to get in a good long run on Sunday...I'll probably need the miles for 60 anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment