Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hitting reset

It's 2013, yo! We're on the other side of the fiscal cliff, it's cold outside, and, for those of us who log our running mileage and didn't get up early or stay up late to do a "first run," we're staring at a big ole zero on our year to date totals.

Personally for 2013 I am thrilled to have a new job, a new running club (Angry Chickens!), a healthy family, a roof over my head, a lawn too frozen for my dog to dig holes in, and a new pair of snow boots.  I'm also thankful to be 43 years old--an age that holds particular personal significance and one I hope to honor by making a good honest go at some lifetime personal bests.

I wrapped up my 2012 racing campaign with a solid 9:50.92 clocking for 3000 meters at the 3rd BU mini meet on the 29th in only my second track race since high school and first time racing that distance. It was a great way to wrap up what turned out to be a much better year than I could have hoped for back in about June.

And so we keep on running, because that's what we do. I will see you all out on the roads, trails, track and hills. Onward.

1 comment: